Sea to Ski is now moving into its 4th year and has seen over 800 riders participate both locally and internationally. It’s an extreme enduro motorcycle adventure that takes teams of two and their support drivers on a 3 day rollercoaster ride from Hole in Wall on the Wild Coast of South Africa to the Ski Resort of Tiffendale on the borders of Lesotho.
As the days unfold the challenges become greater and the views become better. Being a Team event attracts awesome camaraderie and the race villages each night are alive with song and stories.
To cater for the masses and the popularity, the organisers have had to create 2 events, 1 week apart and each event can accommodate 120 riders (60 teams) and 60 support crew drivers.
The package cost of R10500 for 2 riders and a driver includes
1. Hotel accommodation at Hole in the Wall and Tiffendale
2. Tented accommodation at Clarkebury and Maclear
3. 3 Days of awesome GPS Routes for Bikes
4. Road Books for support drivers
5. Meals for all 3 days
6. Great Goodie Bag and clothing
7. Full Medical back up
8. Finishers Shirt
Entries are open and are based on a 1st come 1st serve basis and payment in full reserves your spot …. Book Now!
The route will be identical for both groups. Only once the Epic is full will we open up the Extreme batch.
- Sea to Ski – EPIC 13-16 Oct
- Sea to Ski – EXTREME 20-23 Oct
We have reverted to the week apart as it allows us to focus on one event at a time and offer more individual attention to the riders.
The start venue for the 2016 events will once again be Hole in the Wall Hotel.
Touch Africa – Ride 4 Change
This event saw us touch 2 communities.
- Clarkebury Mission where Nelson Mandela finished his Junior Certificate Schooling has already had Peter Jung and his team sorting out the water issues and installing new pumps and pipes.
- Maclear have received flood lights for their school rugby field.
This is all done through Red Cherry’s Section 21 NPO charity called Touch Africa.
Red Cherry Adventures core expertise lies within the creation of unique adventure events such as Enduro Africa which saw Prince William and Harry participate, the staging of the epic Roof of Africa Extreme Enduro, the tented villages created for Rallye Raid etc. are just some of the projects that the Red Cherry team undertake year in, year out.